How can I request other police records?

To obtain police records you must file a Freedom of Information Act (F.O.I.A) request. Persons wishing to view or obtain copies must submit a written request to view and/or receive copies of records and submit it to Police Department Freedom of Information Officer Marcia Toliver.

The completed form (PDF) can be dropped off, mailed, faxed to 618-457-3204, or emailed to Officer Marcia Toliver. The department will reply to your request within 5 business days.

Show All Answers

1. Are you currently hiring for the position of police officer and what are the qualifications needed to become a police officer?
2. What are your administrative business hours?
3. Will the Carbondale Police Department take my fingerprints for a job application or professional license?
4. Will the Carbondale Police Department provide extra patrols while I am away on vacation?
5. What is bond?
6. What is the difference between an ordinance violation and a criminal violation?
7. What is Court Supervision?
8. When should I call to report suspicious activity?
9. Does the Carbondale Police Department unlock vehicles for lockouts?
10. Can I pass a stopped school bus?
11. What is the administrative tow fee?
12. Once I pay my administrative tow fee, how do I retrieve my vehicle?
13. How can I request traffic crash reports?
14. How can I request other police records?