How do I file a complaint against my landlord

If you feel that you have been discriminated against, refer to the Fair Housing Policy. For all other complaints, contact Building and Neighborhood Services at (618) 457-3237.

Show All Answers

1. Are there homes or lots for sale in the Carbondale area?
2. Where can I get a copy of the Zoning Ordinances for the City of Carbondale?
3. If I'm building a new home or other type of development, where do I go to get my questions answered and my site plans approved?
4. When should I get a building permit?
5. How do I find the zoning for my property?
6. Do I have to get a permit to work on my house?
7. Can I conduct a business in my home?
8. Can I place a temporary sign on my property?
9. How do I apply for a Special Use Permit?
10. How do I get permission to have a block party in my neighborhood?
11. I live in a residential neighborhood. Can I have chickens in my backyard?
12. How do I file a complaint against my landlord
13. How often is a landlord required to have their property inspected?
14. I rent a family member’s house; does this have to be inspected by the Building and Neighborhood Services Division?