How do I vacate a judgment?

If you wish to ask the court to vacate (or undo) a judgment against you, or quash (take back) an arrest warrant, you must file a motion with the court. There may be a fee for this motion, and there is no guarantee that the court will grant your motion. For more information, contact the Circuit Clerk’s Office, located on the first floor of the courthouse, or call (618) 687-7300.

Show All Answers

1. How do I request dismissal of a ticket for Operating Uninsured Motor Vehicle, No Valid Registration or No Valid Driver’s License?
2. When is my next court date?
3. What is the status of my case?
4. Do I need to appear in court for my ticket?
5. What do I need to do if I just want to pay my ticket?
6. Do I need an attorney for my case?
7. Can I seek advice from the City Attorney’s Office?
8. Will my driver’s license be suspended because of my ticket?
9. How do I reschedule a court date if I cannot come to court on the date on my ticket?
10. What happens if I missed my court date?
11. How do I vacate a judgment?