To ensure you and your family are ready, have a Go Bag in an easily accessible place. To help you determine what essentials you might need, ready.illinois.gov has provided a list the Carbondale Fire Department would like to share:
Go Bag Guidelines
- Each member of your household should have his or her own Go Bag.
- Go Bags should be stored in an easily accessible location.
- Ideally, you should keep a Go Bag at home, in your car, and at work.
- Go Bags should be prepared for any time of year.
- Go Bags should be updated every six months.
Go Bag List
- Bottled water
- Non-perishable food
- Manual can opener
- Battery-operated AM/FM Radio
- Extra batteries (necessary types)
- Extra house and car keys
- Rain gear
- Comfortable, sturdy shoes
- Warm clothes
- Prescription medication for a week, with copies of your prescriptions
- Items for members of your family, especially children, seniors or people with functional needs, and pets.
For a complete list, please visit ready.illinois.gov.