FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CARBONDALE - The City of Carbondale’s annual Residential Spring Clean-Up Program will begin on Friday, May 6, 2022 This program allows residents of single-family dwellings up to and including 4-unit buildings to dispose of household items and general rubbish generated from the dwelling being served.
To participate in this program, place your household rubbish at the curbside no earlier than five (5) days prior to your collection day and no later than 7:00 a.m. on your collection day (please note that items set at the curbside for collection after 7:00 a.m. on the listed collection day may not be collected as collection operations begin promptly at 7:00 a.m. each day). Household items will be collected from the curbside on Fridays, based on the following schedule:
• Monday’s City Refuse Collection Route – Friday, May 6th
• Tuesday’s City Refuse Collection Route – Friday, May 13th
• Wednesday’s City Refuse Collection Route – Friday, May 20th
• Thursday’s City Refuse Collection Route – Friday, May 27th
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AS A PART OF THIS PROGRAM:
• Electronics such as computers and computer accessories; televisions and TV accessories; blue ray and DVD players; MP3 and IPOD players; and other such electronics.
• Tires, appliances, or yard waste - these items can be disposed of by the City’s Landscape & Special Waste Sticker Program.
• Contractor’s remodeling or construction debris - residents or contractors must dispose of these items using private haulers.
• Hazardous materials including paint, oil, gasoline, car batteries, pesticides, and other chemicals.
Note that many of these items may be disposed of through the Annual Household Chemical Collection Events sponsored by the Jackson County Health Department. Details on their upcoming events can be found on the Jackson County Health Department’s website at www.recyclejacksoncounty.org.
Please be sure not to block sidewalks, streets, ditches, or drainage ways with your items. Also placing items and/or allowing items to remain at the curbside earlier than 5 days prior to or after 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day is a violation of City Code and may subject you to a citation. If you have any questions, please contact the Maintenance and Environmental Services Office at (618) 457-3275.