CARBONDALE – As our region’s COVID-19 test positivity rate continues to decline, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) again lifted mitigations for Region 5, allowing Southern Illinois to reenter Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan.
What this means according to the IDPH:
Gatherings: All gatherings of 50 people or fewer are allowed with this limit subject to change based on latest data & guidance.
Travel: Travel should follow IDPH and CDC approved guidance.
Health care: All health care providers are open.
Education and child care: P-12 schools, higher education, all summer programs, and child care open with IDPH approved safety guidance.
Outdoor recreation: All outdoor recreation allowed, with limited group sizes of up to 50 with social distancing.
Indoor recreation: Indoor facilities should operate with fewer than 50 customers or 50% of facility capacity.
- Manufacturing: All manufacturing open with IDPH approved safety guidance
- “Non-essential” businesses: All employees return to work with IDPH approved safety guidance; Employers are encouraged to provide accommodations for COVID-19-vulnerable employees
- Bars and restaurants: Open with capacity limits and IDPH approved safety guidance
- Personal care services and health clubs: All barbershops, salons, spas and health and fitness clubs open with capacity limits and IDPH approved safety guidance
- Entertainment: Cinema and theaters open with capacity limits and IDPH approved safety guidance
- Retail: Open with capacity limits and IDPH approved safety guidance
For more on the Phase 4 Guidelines, visit the IDPH website.
To reach the City of Carbondale, contact Public Relations Officer Roni LeForge at 618-559-1939.