We invite you to contribute to the vibrancy of our City by submitting your upcoming events to be featured on our Community Calendar by submitting the online form. We aim to showcase legal gatherings that embrace targeted themes or causes, fostering unity and engagement in Carbondale.
Note: Anonymous and incomplete submissions will not be posted. City Staff reviews all requests and reserves the right to restrict or remove any content or event that violates this policy or any applicable law.
A qualifying event is a legal gathering open to the public, including entertainment, programming, or activities. The group involves a targeted theme or cause.
Events Not Eligible
- Cause or Opinion-Based Activities: Events that promote divisive or inappropriate causes or opinions will not be supported by the City.
- Political or Highly Sensitive Events: To maintain a sense of neutrality, political or highly sensitive events will not qualify for submissions.
- Primarily, Religious Activities: While we respect all faiths, events mainly focused on religious activities may be excluded.
- Discriminatory, Hostile, or Extremist Activities: Events that promote discrimination, hostility, or extremism will not be considered.
- Limited Accessibility: Events not open to all public members will not be eligible for inclusion.
- School Schedules, Store Sales, Conferences, Yard Sales, Cookie Sales, etc.: These types of events, while necessary, do not fit the targeted theme or cause criteria.
- Fundraisers: Generally, fundraising events will not be approved for the Community Calendar.
Community Calendar requests should be submitted at least ten days before the event. Late submissions may or may not be posted.
Acquiring any additional City resources will be the responsibility of the Applicant. Visit our online Permits & Applications for your convenience.
The City of Carbondale reserves the right to reject or to post, review, and edit before including all electronic mail and event announcement forms received on the Community Calendar.
The Community Calendar will not include information associated with illegal, fraudulent, or malicious activity, commercial or private activity, political activity, or religious promotion. Unacceptable requests for inclusion on the Community Calendar include offensive or harassing statements, including comments based on race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or political belief.
The City of Carbondale does not warrant or make any representations or endorsements regarding the quality, content, accuracy, or completeness of the information, text, graphics, and other items on any web links within the Community Calendar. Due to updates and corrections, such materials have been compiled from various sources and are subject to change without notice from the City of Carbondale. All trademarks mentioned in the Community Calendar are the property of their respective owners. Some of the links on the Community Calendar may lead to resources outside the City of Carbondale internet site. The user of these resources or links should not construe the presence of these links as an endorsement. The City of Carbondale is not responsible for the content of any such external link.