Description: This project will rebuild New Era Road from Glenn Road to Airport Road. The project includes new asphalt pavement with dedicated bicycle lanes, driveway aprons, and appurtenances.
Start Date: Fall 2022
Estimated Completion Date: November 2023
Location: New Era Road from Glenn Road to Airport Road
Project Cost: $1,176,665
Funding Source: 80% of the funding for this project comes from the Southern Illinois Metropolitan Planning Organization. The City will fund the remaining 20%.
Contractor: ET Simonds
Project Impact: Drivers should expect temporary closures and traffic control during construction. Please seek alternate routes.
9/18/2023 - Crews are beginning to install concrete pavement.
8/21/2023 - Crews started installing curbs and gutters this week.
8/1/2023 - All storm sewer work is complete.
5/15/2023 - New Era Road from Glenn Road to Airport Road has been closed for construction. A storm sewer is being installed.
2/16/2023 - The contractor is removing trees and relocating utilities in preparation for construction.
08/26/21 - City staff and the design team hosted a public informational meeting regarding the project plans.
08/3/21- The City of Carbondale announces plans for Public Information Meeting regarding the project. The meeting will be held on Wednesday, August 25, from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m., in Room 103 of the Civic Center.
07/26/21 – Project Development Report approved by IDOT