Request for Qualifications (Q&As)
Any questions regarding the Southern Illinois Multimodal Station (SIMMS) RFQ should be submitted in writing on or before January 19, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. CDT.
UPDATE - Application deadline is January 22, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Questions should be addressed to Mark A. Bollmann via email at [email protected]. Questions should not be submitted to other employees of the City.
- Is P.O. Box 2947 the correct mailing address for the City?
- Is there an estimated cost for this project?
- Does the DBE participation goal of 2.4% apply to the design team?
- Can the City Logo be used on submittal materials as a header or similar in acknowledgement to the City?
- For LEED Certification, can you tell us if the new project will require LEED commissioning and, if so, what level of certification - basic certification, Silver, Gold, Platinum?
- Does the City want us to retain a Landscape Architect as a consultant, or does the City plan on doing their own landscaping (per previous projects)?
- Are the second floor multi-use lease spaces and childcare facility mentioned in the Project Narrative (but not referenced in the RFQ) still part of the program?
- Should we include survey and Geotech as part of our scope, or does the City already have this information?
- The Project Narrative that accompanied the Build Grant applications references preliminary design. Is it possible to see those preliminary designs and/or know who created them? Are you asking the sele
- The scope of services in the RFQ mentions Preliminary Architectural Documents, but does not mention further design phases, including construction documents. Is this just a preliminary design contract,
- Is the demolition of the Bike Shop within the SIMMS submittal purview and, if so, the environmental assessment for that building is therefore to be anticipated?
- Is there a requirement for either LEED certification, or design to LEED standards without certification, for the new SIMMS facility?
- Would you please clarify what environmental studies, if any, will need to be complted by the design team as part of the design process?
- Will public involvement be required for the programming and preliminary design phases?
- Is Commissioning included within the scope of "Architectural, Engineering, and Environmental Studies to complete the design"?
- Is there a page number limit on the RFQ response?
- Are you accepting hand delivered qualifications or do you prefer they come via mail or delivery service?
- Is the change of due date for the proposals the only change included in the addendum that was just received?