Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information
Governor JB Pritzker announced that Region 5 of Illinois will move into Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan on June 26, 2020. For information on Phase 4 guidelines, click here.
Carbondale Mayor Mike Henry signed an Executive Order to assist local bars and restaurants with outdoor seating. For further clarification or to apply for a permit, please see below.
The CDC recommends (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html) implementing community mitigation strategies to slow the spread of the virus, primarily for the purpose of protecting people that are at higher risk for severe illness and to protect the healthcare and critical infrastructure workforces. As such, the City of Carbondale is implementing the following protocols effective immediately:
- Face masks are required to enter City Hall/Civic Center. For residents needing to make payments, we still encourage using alternative payment methods, such as online, by mail, dropbox, or at bank locations. To pay a bill, you can do so at http://www.explorecarbondale.com/411/Online-Bill-Pay, or your payment can be placed in the dropbox on the west side drive at City Hall. The Revenue Office continues to assist customers with billing questions at 618-457-3265
- All current events planned for the Civic Center or Town Square Pavilion will be canceled, except for voting
- The Carbondale City Council meetings are being held remotely. For login information, please view the City’s website calendar
- All public safety personnel will operate normal shifts and will provide normal 24-hour coverage
- Public Works departments will continue to operate as normal; refuse and recycling will collect on normal route days
For any questions or concerns please contact us at email@example.com.
For more information on implementing measures to assist in reducing the spread of the virus, please view the City’s press release post on March 13, 2020.
City of Carbondale Ordinances Concerning COVID-19
- Ordinance 2020-12 "An Ordinance Declaring a Civil Emergency Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic"
- Ordinance 2020-13 "An Ordinance Amending Title 14, Chapter 4 of the Carbondale Revised Code as it Relates to Offenses Affecting Public Health and Safety by Adding Section 12 - Violation of Emergency Executive Orders"
COVID-19 Informational Links
For the most current information, please visit the following:
- Restaurants Offering Pick-Up or Delivery
- Local Food Banks as listed by the Healthy Southern Illinois Delta Network
- Emergency Small Business Grants and Loans Assistance
- Business/Employee Resources
- Jackson County Health Department Public Health Alert
- Illinois Housing Development Authority ALERT and Emergency Mortgage Assistance