Liquor Advisory Board
- 4:30 p.m.
- 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Library Meeting Room
405 W Main Street
Carbondale, IL 62901
Meetings and changes to this schedule will be made in accordance with the Illinois Open Meetings Act.
Agendas & Minutes
View the Agendas and Minutes of the Carbondale Liquor Advisory Board.
- David Cisco
- Taylor J. Delaney
- Anastasios Karayiannis
- John Mills
- Donald Monty
- Colton Newlin (USG Representative)
- Steve Payne
- Mark Robinson
The Liquor Advisory Board is responsible for:
- Making recommendations to the City Council and/or Local Liquor Control Commission regarding provisions to the Carbondale Revised Code pertaining to alcoholic liquor
- Making recommendations to the Local Liquor Control Commission regarding license renewal applications
- Meeting and discussing liquor license applications with applicants that request assistance from the Liquor Advisory Board
- Monitoring liquor licensees for compliance with City and State laws
- Performing other functions and duties as requested by the Mayor and City Council
- Receiving and investigating liquor license complaints made by citizens and informing the Local Liquor Control Commission of all complaints which warrant further action by the Commission
- Reviewing all liquor license renewal applications
- One non-voting ex-officio member
- Seven voting members, including two SIU students, appointed by the Mayor, with the consent of the Council
- Three-year term; One-year term for SIU students
No voting member shall be employed by, own stock in, be a partner in, have an interest in, or own personally any business entity which has a license for the sale or distribution of liquor by retail or wholesale. However, the ex-officio (non-voting) member shall be selected from among the corporate officers, partners, or individual proprietors who hold a liquor license within the City.