Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information
Governor JB Pritzker announced that Region 5 of Illinois will move into Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois Plan on May 29, 2020. This will allow bars and restaurants to reopen under strict guidelines. Carbondale Mayor Mike Henry signed an Executive Order to assist local bars and restaurants with outdoor seating. For further clarification or to apply for a permit, please see below.
The CDC recommends (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html) implementing community mitigation strategies to slow the spread of the virus, primarily for the purpose of protecting people that are at higher risk for severe illness and to protect the healthcare and critical infrastructure workforces. As such, the City of Carbondale is implementing the following protocols effective immediately:
- The City Hall/Civic Center will be closed to the public through 5/31/2020. City staff will continue to report to work and will be available by phone or email to assist the public. For those residents that need to pay a bill, you can do so at http://www.explorecarbondale.com/411/Online-Bill-Pay, via regular mail, or your payment can be placed in the dropbox on the west side drive at City Hall. The Revenue Office will continue to assist customers with billing questions at 618-457-3265. The City of Carbondale will waive late fees for those customers that have difficulty making payments via these temporary arrangements
- All current events planned for the Civic Center or Town Square Pavilion will be canceled, except for voting
- The Carbondale City Council meetings are being held remotely. For login information, please view the City’s website calendar
- All public safety personnel will operate normal shifts and will provide normal 24-hour coverage
- Public Works departments will continue to operate as normal; refuse and recycling will collect on normal route days
For any questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on implementing measures to assist in reducing the spread of the virus, please view the City’s press release post on March 13, 2020.
City of Carbondale Ordinances Concerning COVID-19
- Ordinance 2020-12 "An Ordinance Declaring a Civil Emergency Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic"
- Ordinance 2020-13 "An Ordinance Amending Title 14, Chapter 4 of the Carbondale Revised Code as it Relates to Offenses Affecting Public Health and Safety by Adding Section 12 - Violation of Emergency Executive Orders"
COVID-19 Informational Links
For the most current information, please visit the following: